IT professionals might consider open source ERP as an exciting new step in their IT careers.
Taking an active part in such projects is very simple (would you imagine going up to a proprietary ERP vendor and tell them ‘I want to write my own code for your software’???). I can’t think of any better (and cheaper) way to network with other enthusiastic professionals looking to make an impact on the business software world.
Also, if you work as a system integrator,custom developer or business consultant, open source ERP might just be the thing for you.
Relevant resources from open source ERP Guru for IT professionals:
- Open Source ERP Activity Trends Page
- Why Open Source ERP?
- Thoughts on the largest ever open source software acquisition – Sun aquires MySQL!
- TinyERP releases source code on SVN
- Flash Comparator – recorded flash demos of the leading open source ERP solutions
- IT Vendor to acquire open source ERP companies – who will it be?
- Thoughts on open source software during OSCON 2008
- Freely Available Sandboxes Of Open Source ERP Applications